We are a Pentecostal Christian denomination located at 2239 Clarksville Road, Trenton, KY. Our mission is to win the lost, worship God, and edify the Body of Christ. We have 16 fundamental beliefs based from the Assemblies of God "Statement of Fundamental Truths". We believe the following...
- The Bible is inspired by God and is "the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct".
- There is only one true God who exists as a Trinity.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and, as the second person of the Trinity, is God.
- Man was created good by God but was seperated from God through original sin.
- Salvation "is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ".
- There are two ordinances. One is the believer's baptism through immersion to be a declaration to the world that the believer has died and has been raised together with Christ, becoming a new creation. The second ordinance is the Lord's Supper to be a symbol expressing the believer's sharing in the divine nature of Christ, a memorial of Christ's suffering and death, and a prophecy of Christ's second coming.
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a seperate and subsequent experience following conversion. Spirit baptism brings empowerment to live an overcoming Christian life and to be an effective witness.
- Speaking in tongues in the initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
- Sanctification is, "...an act of seperation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God." It occurs when the believer identifies with, and has faith in, Christ in His death and resurrection. It is not believed to be "a second definite work of Grace", as in some other Pentecostal denominations, but is understood to be a process in that it requires continual yielding to the Holy Spirit.
- The Church's mission is to seek and save all who are lost in sin; the Church is the Body of Christ and consists of all people who accept Christ, regardless of Christian denomination.
- Divinely called and scripturally-ordained ministers serve the Church.
- Divine healing of the sick is provided for in the atonement.
- The "imminent and blessed hope" of the Church is its rapture preceeding the bodily return of Christ to earth.
- The rapture of the Church will be followed by the visible return of Christ and His reign on earth for a thousand years.
- There will be a final judgment and eternal damnation for the "wicked dead".
- There will be future new heavens and a new earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness".
If you have any questions about our church, please contact our pastor, Mike Dorsey, through the following: